Saturday, February 23, 2019

My Thoughts on Netflix The Umbrella Academy

I wanna say my peace about the show and just forget about it all together. Now I understand there are people who've enjoyed the show and they have every right to. I'm not trying to change everyone's mind and I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me.
I love the comic series and when it was announced that a live action is coming to Netflix I was really excited for it. But after seeing the trailer, the promo picture and only watched two episodes that excitement changed into disappointment. I understand that most adaptations have some changes from the source material to better flow/pace the story/plot. But with this show it's like they had a foundation for a good adaptation yet decided to breakdown that said foundation and build something completely different in story and aesthetics. All the strange and unique look from the comic was just nowhere to be found in the show.
I just see no point in finish watching this show at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment